Monday, February 18, 2013

Dear friends and family,

The Lord has been blessing our family and our congregation over the past month.

Since I last posted our family has had a couple rounds of gastro (flu/cold, etc.).  It started with me getting sick, then Julia, then Job.  Then later round two went Job, then Julia, then Martha, and then Ezra.  We seem well and truly over it now but it took a lot out of our family and there was plenty of extra laundry and clean up.  We have been blessed to see God's healing hand.

Job has continued with his potty training.  Some days he has no accidents at all and even potties himself.  Other days he has accidents but not usually in his clothes; it is a matter of keeping in mind of only going in the toilet.  Fortunately when he does have an accident it is usually outside and fairly easy clean up.

One of the highlights of the past month has been the instillation and ordination of two new Elders in our congregation: Nathan Patrick and Stuart Coles.  The ordination service January 27 and a fellowship luncheon after the service.  We hope to have our first Session meeting this Wednesday.  I greatly look forward to it.

I have continued preaching through I Peter and have begun a series on Revelation.  At our Tuesday night Bible study we are covering the major doctrines of Scripture.

Sorry I have not put up any pictures yet but I seem to be having some technical difficulties.  I hope to get on top of it so check back from time to time.

The Lord be with you,

terry

No comments: