Friday, October 20, 2006

Dear friends and family,

Greetings from New Jersey!

The Lord continues to do marvelously. The Heritage Reformed Congregations (HRC) held their Classis meeting on October 13. I proposed to the Classis that I to be sent to the Southern Presbyterian Church (SPC) of Tasmania Launceston as a minister on loan for two years. I made the proposal because there were possible benefits for both denominations. However the brethren of the HRC Classis, after prayer, thought, and discussion, decided not to approve my proposal, thus allowing me to serve the SPC directly as a member of the church and Presbytery. Now, the Lord willing, I will be ordained in Tasmania once the immigration clears.

After the HRC Classis, which met in Burgessville, Ontario, Canada, I rode back to New Jersey with the delegates from the New Jersey church. The ride back was a time filled with discussion, fellowship, and just fun. Since arriving in New Jersey I have been spending as much time as possible with Martha, attending a Pastor's Conference at Trinity Baptist Church with my future father-in-law, spending extra time in thought and prayer considering the Lord's merciful dealings with me, and processing some of the insights from the Pastor's conference. If all is well, I will be leaving to return to Grand Rapids October 23. I greatly miss my Martha even now, and I have not even left yet.

We have heard no news yet on Martha's immigration papers, but if all continues according to schedule, they will arrive in a month or two.

Love,
Terry & Martha

4 comments:

Mrs. P said...

We enjoyed visiting with you yesterday... George keeps asking when that furry faced guy will come back!

Kryna said...

It is snowing in Tazzi, pretty good for summer...it's getting ready for the arrival of a Klaver...

Lipsy Family said...

heyyy! wow you both are in the same room as me currently but that's ok. lol. love ya guys!

NPE said...

Make sure to let us all know when you are going to Australia... or was it Austria? Nope, Tanzania! Yeah... that was it.

Give us your departure date so that we can plan something.