Friday, December 22, 2006

Hi, everyone; Martha here. Yesterday I actually (amazingly) finished my last exam for the semester. I am very thankful to be done; this last week was pretty crazy. To give you a glimpse:

Thursday 12/14
- "Hispanic Women's Voices and Images" class portfolio
- grammar paper (8 pages) re. the origins and characteristics of Australian English (This involved an all-nighter.)
Friday 12/15
- teaching philosophy paper (2 pages)
Monday 12/18
- "Reading and Writing in the Content Areas" class portfolio
- iMovie for "Technology in the Classroom" almost finished after 4 hours, but the computer ate it
Tuesday 12/19
- "Technology in the Classroom" class portfolio
- Webquest (a project created for students accessible on the web)
Wednesday 12/20
-iMovie for "Technology in the Classroom" redo
Thursday 12/21
- "Grammar: Theory and Pedagogy" exam
- grammar paper (2 pages) re. my independent readings this semester

Through all of this, God has kept me relatively healthy and cheerful. It was definitely only through His grace that I was able to do the work; it seemed so overwhelming at times.

On a lighter note, I appear to have lost some memory. Over the last few days, I have lost my toothbrush, a book (which was buried on my desk after all), my keys (left at the Office of Student Activities when I returned my locker key), and my wallet (left at the cafe last night). As of now, all but the toothbrush have been recovered. :)

Hoping you all are well and wishing you all a blessed winter - or summer - season!

4 comments:

Terreth said...

My Wonder woman is aloud to forget things sometimes, especially after such a stellar academic display.

I love you dearest,

terry

Brian Bosveld said...

Is your ETA less than 7 days now? BTW, how odd is our "English" that requires 8 pages of analysis? I'd be interested in the paper, Martha. (brianbosveld@gmail.com)

Cheers. Brian

Nathan and Jaslyn said...

Martha,

As a dentist, I strongly recommend you find your toothbrush, or get a new one as soon as possible. As someone who may be speaking to you soon face-to-face, I STRONGLY recommend you make toothbrush acquisition your number one priority! hehehe :)

Nathan.

Martha said...

Thanks, Nathan, for that disinterested bit of advice. The toothbrush did turn up... balanced on the top of the folded-up ping-pong table. I will make sure to use it soon - sometime in the next few weeks.