Monday, December 04, 2006

Rejoice with us! Today my FBI criminal background check came back. The fingerprint card had this anticlimactic message stapled onto it: "Please note the stamp on the back of the enclosed fingerprint card indicating the results of the search of the FBI Criminal Justice Information Services Division's files. " The stamp says simply, "NO ARREST RECORD." It was processed November 29, 2006.

Thanks for your prayers and thanks be to God for making the paperwork go smoothly so far. Now more definite plans can be made for Terry's departure. As I write this, Terry doesn't know yet that the FBI check has arrived; he went to New York City today with my brother Dan who works there, while I went to school. I look forward to seeing his smile at the news; he is yearning so to go to his people in Tassie.

Well, I'd better be off and get some more schoolwork done. There are a slew of papers and portfolios to complete in these last three weeks. But after that comes Christmas break in which (Lord willing) I'll visit my future home in Tasmania with Terry for a couple weeks! I'm definitely looking forward to it.

6 comments:

Brian Bosveld said...

Good news Martha! Our Pastor (Rev Iain Smith) prayed for you and Terry at our Bible study tonight as well as for the Launceston congregation. All the best with the studies.

Robert Kingston said...

That's great news. Everyone down here is really looking forward to meeting you when you arrive.

Martha said...

Thank you both very much. I am very eager to go meet you all too. As long as you don't mind a lot of "What was your name again?" for the first while.

James w. Lanning said...

so i see you've foiled them again, klaver. looks like the T will have the last laugh this time.

steveandjanna said...

Dude, you just added a month onto his background check.

Unknown said...

Exciting!!!