Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Terry's coming back on April 9, DV - I'm so excited!! He'll be in NJ for a week and then he'll head over to MI for Rachel and Bret's wedding (the "real" reason he's returning).

Student teaching is good; the schedule's not easy to get used to, but I enjoy working with the students... most of the time. It's been a bit of an unusual time in the school, though, with an extended period of midterms, a death in the faculty, and a retiring faculty member. Tomorrow starts the new marking period.

I struggle to stay on top of work, but worse, I struggle to spend time regularly in reading of the Word and prayer. I know those things are essential for spiritual as well as overall mental/emotional health, especially amid all the stress; if it comes to mind, I'd appreciate your prayers. I miss those of you in Tasmania. It's hard when I talk on the phone with Terry and I hear about you from him. It's not the same as being able to speak with you, and I can't be there when I'm here (if you know what I'm getting at). And of course, most of all, I miss Terry.

God has been and is so good to us though, and I am looking forward to the visit in a couple of months. All the temporal fuss will pass away, but God's goodness will endure and envelope us eternally. What a joy to think of that!

No comments: