Sunday, July 15, 2007

Tassie Send Off



Some good friends saw me off at the aiport in Launceston this morning. Pastor Iain Smith, his wife Mary, and Lorraine Ten Haaf picked me up from the Montifiore Manse at 4:45am and took to the airport. We had a nice but all to brief time of fellowship before I went through security to fly out for Melbourne (pronounced "Mel-bun" for some reason here in Oz).



This send off was truly rare. Iain called it, "once in a life time." Why? Because Mary Smith is known throughout the SPC as someone who truly appreciates a good nights rest. She is rarely seen at such early hour. Iain thought I should note such a rare moment by enshrining it on the Montifiore Manse Blog with a photo of his beloved, sleep appreciating, beauty.





This is the only picture I had of Mary on my laptop (I am taking advantage of the free internet connection in Melbourne airport). It was taken at Iain and Mary's vacation "shack" (cottage) in the later morning as breakfast was being grilled by Iain.

No comments: