Saturday, July 14, 2007

Tasmanian Pre-Wedding Celebrations


The Cakes Shared at the Tuesday Night Puritan Bible Study Before the Bible Study on the Doctrine of God



The Last Single Night Party



My "Mates" Dressed me for the Party


1. A Wedding Veil


2. A Flower Lei for our Maui Honeymoon


3. A Genuine Ball & Chain Around my Ankle (I Truly Have Come to VanDiemen's Land!)

A Fine Amount and Variety of Tucker (Food) was Provided Generously by Ladies From the Church and the Wives of Some People From the Puritan Bible Study. It was Great!


Here is a Picture of Pastor Iain Smith (From the Hobart SPC Congregation) and I Having Coffee After Tucker.

The Big Party Game was "The America's Cup." It was a Game Test Which Minister Had the Most Hot Air. We Had to Race our Paper Boats Across a Pan of Water. Iain's Boat was "Hagus 1" and my Boat was "Yankee 2."

Here We are in Starting Position.



In the Midst of the Race One of the my Mates Slammed a Rolled Up News Paper in the Water and Shouted "Watch Out! STORM!"


Iain Caught Most of the Water From the Storm too.


3 comments:

John Dekker said...

does Christ think of His Church as His "old ball & chain?

No, and for this reason, the buck's party culture is one that as pastors we should be trying to smash.

Indeed, viewing marriage as a ball and chain can be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

John Dekker said...

In case anyone was wondering what my previous comment is referring to, there was a discussion of "bucks' parties" that was since deleted.

Terreth said...

CLARIFICATION

Dear friends & family,

Apparently the part of this post refering to the party held for me by my mates has been misunderstood by some friends in Oz, the US/Canada, and Britian.

Some aspects of the original post were deleted and others were modified.

What was misunderstood?
1. Apparently the terms "Buck's Party" and "Bachelor's Party" can have different connotations for Australians, North Americans, and the Brits.
2. I wanted to share a devotional thought on the blog about needing to take marriage seriously and Biblically, but it was taken as a criticism of my party, rather then one on contemporary Christian culture as a whole.
3. To avoid any possible misunderstanding and inadvertent offence I changed the blog entry.

What was deleted?
1. A picture and a caption that seems to have communicated the wrong idea to some readers.
2. A devotional thought on marriage was deleted as some took it as a critique of my party, and those who planned it for me, rather then a critique of contemporay Christian culture (which is was meant to be).

What was modified?
1. The tile of the party held for me was changed to try and make clear what the party was truly about.
2. Some of the picture captions were slightly modified.

We live in a world that easily abuses marriage and most of Christianity goes along with the world on this today. However I do not believe my mates from my party hold an unBiblical view of marriage and I do not beleive it wrong to have a party like the one that was held for me.

I hope this has cleared up any misunderstandings and if anyone has been offended by what was said, not said, deleted, or not delelted, please forgive me.

If there are any further clarifications needed please email me directly: terreth.klaver@gmail.com

Thank you