Thursday, April 17, 2008

Blogger Blessing and Annoyance

Kind of figures that after you take the time to put a post or two together that blogger decides not to let you upload the pics.

Well, despite the pic problems, here is a bit of what we have been up to. Biggest news - baby is deeply engaged and so the April 25 estimation may prove to be accurate!

Martha has attended 5 Bible studies this week and she hopes to go out for coffee with another friend tonight. She still manages to stay busy even amid the energy drain in the late stages of pregnancy; thankfully, she does get enough sleep and the occasional nap too.

I continue to prepare the sermons, Tuesday night Bible study, and the Wednesday night monthly outreach study. I am surprised how much it can all take out of you. I certainly have been needing the day off once a week lately.

After a lot of thought and prayer, the Lord seems to be giving me some semblance of a plan for evangelism here. Some would be shocked I have not done more seeing as I have been here a year; however, I chose to hold off (and I am still not in a hurry) for several reasons. First, I am trying to give priority to the preaching and teaching ministries. Second, the main need here is to build up the believers in the congregation. Third, I am still assessing the church and wider culture here in Tassie. Fourth, short term mistakes could have long term consequences. Finally, the Lord had not yet given strong direction. I could add more reasons, but those are the gist of it. We'll wait and see how things will come together. I know the Lord has a plan for this place, and I am thankful He is showing me my part in it in how I am to follow Him and attempt to guide His church, a little bit at a time.

I am always amazed how much of the guts of the ministry is really about the Word, trust, and dependence... and not so much about administration, policy, vision statements, and impressing people (believers or unbelievers).

Lord willing, blogger will be up and running pics soon. Until then....

Love through Christ,
terry

p.s. If baby comes we'll try and post about it and some pics right away.

6 comments:

Robert-Sandra said...

Hi Guys!
Of course you will post info and pics of baby right aways!! Oh, we're so excited...hope all goes well. Thanks for so regularly posting about your life, ministry, and family in Tasmania. We love reading it all.
God Bless.
Love Robert, Sandra, Jeremy, Matt, & Katie

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

I keep checking in even more than normal. Can't wait to see those first baby photos. Give Martha a big hug from us. We are keeping you all in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you guys! And I cannot WAIT to hear that the baby has come!

Mrs. P said...

We're keeping you both, and Baby K in our prayers, as well as your ministry. Pacing yourself and waiting for clear direction can never be considered unwise.

Joolz said...

I think that should be when not if. I am fairly sure there is a baby inside that bump.

Martha said...

Thanks to all for the enthusiasm and especially the prayers! And joolz - it certainly feels like a baby, alive and kicking as it anticipates freedom. :D