Sunday, December 28, 2008

VACATION!

At the advice of some of our friends we have decided to go on vacation. I did not take any time off last year so it is probably a good idea to take a break. There never seems to be a good time to take a break in the ministry. A good friend and retired elder in our Hobart congregation told me, "You need to discipline yourself to take a break." I had never really thought of it that way, but it does make sense. I have known too many ministers who burned out before they knew it. Since we are still on summer break from Catechism and the Tuesday night Bible study, and we hope to begin services in George Town in February, now is the best time overall.

We hope to go camping, but if it does not work out we have a couple back up plans.

We will be gone from December 29th to January 14th.

Talk to you after the 14th and have a blessed New Year.

Love through Christ,

terreth, Martha, and Julia

7 comments:

Kaitebon said...

Have fun!

Unknown said...

Have a great time!! I know you will have fun. Camping is in both of your blood and I'm sure it will be in Julia's too. Enjoy your time alone together as a family and the great outdoors!!

Unknown said...

Climb a mountain or a hill or something for me:)

Anonymous said...

hope you're having a wonderful time. love you max, martha, julia!

Joanna said...

I MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH! Are you back now? I hope you 3 had an absolutely wonderful time camping... Much love, hugs, and kissess to my amazing bro, niece, and sisses.... well, sis, but it rhymed really well. lol. Call us when you get back; I can't wait to talk to you all! Love, Joanna

Unknown said...

hey y'all!
hope you had a wonderful time together on vacation!!!
Just to let ya know, we (mom & I) tried calling this morning (Jan. 17) but you were probably not home. We'll keep trying though!
Love and miss you three bunches. <3
-Liz

Anonymous said...

You'd think that now that the vacation is over, there might be a new blog entry and maybe some photos.