Thursday, July 16, 2009

Amazing what can come back to you....

Off and on throughout my life a song I heard as a child keeps coming back to me. I must have been between 5 to 7 years old when I would listen to this song. The song was off a child's christian music tape.

I remember there were some songs on the tape I did not like and there was even one song that even scared me. So I often skipped around on the tape to the songs I liked or thought was OK.

I believe the name of the song was "Input."

The basic flow of the song went...

Input, output,
that is what it's all about
Input, output,
Your mind is a computer who's,
Input, out put,
Data you must choose

Let the Bible be your primary source,
And it will operate alright!

It's a little corny but essential true. I remember listening to it as a child and thinking that I did not want it to be true. I wanted to put in my mind what I wanted to and I did not want to make the Bible "primary." I wanted to make primary what I wanted to make primary not the Bible. But even then I knew that was wrong and was convicted that the Bible needed to be my primary source of input and let the Word mold me (even though I do not think I would have expressed it that way then).

It truly is amazing to see how the Lord uses all things to exalt His Word in the lives of His people! We must remeber to embrace that Word and not fight against it.

No comments: