Tuesday, August 25, 2009

35 REASONS NOT TO SIN

  • Because a little sin leads to more sin.
  • Because my sin invites the discipline of God.
  • Because the time spent in sin is forever wasted.
  • Because my sin never pleases but always grieves God who loves me.
  • Because my sin places a greater burden on my spiritual leaders.
  • Because in time my sin always brings heaviness to my heart.
  • Because I am doing what I do not have to do.
  • Because my sin always makes me less than what I could be.
  • Because others, including my family, suffer consequences due to my sin.
  • Because my sin saddens the godly.
  • Because my sin makes the enemies of God rejoice.
  • Because sin deceives me into believing I have gained when in reality I have lost.
  • Because sin may keep me from qualifying for spiritual leadership.
  • Because the supposed benefits of my sin will never outweigh the consequences of disobedience.
  • Because repenting of my sin is such a painful process, yet I must repent.
  • Because sin is a very brief pleasure for an eternal loss.
  • Because my sin may influence others to sin.
  • Because my sin may keep others from knowing Christ.
  • Because sin makes light of the cross, upon which Christ died for the very purpose of taking away my sin.
  • Because it is impossible to sin and follow the Spirit at the same time.
  • Because God chooses not to respect the prayers of those who cherish their sin.
  • Because sin steals my reputation and robs me of my testimony.
  • Because others once more earnest than I have been destroyed by just such sins.
  • Because the inhabitants of heaven and hell would all testify to the foolishness of this sin.
  • Because sin and guilt may harm both mind and body.
  • Because sins mixed with service make the things of God tasteless.
  • Because suffering for sin has no joy or reward, though suffering for righteousness has both.
  • Because my sin is adultery with the world.
  • Because, though forgiven, I will review this very sin at the Judgment Seat where loss and gain of eternal rewards are applied.
  • Because I can never really know ahead of time just how severe the discipline for my sin might be.
  • Because my sin may be an indication of a lost condition.
  • Because to sin is not to love Christ.
  • Because my unwillingness to reject this sin now grants it an authority over me greater than I wish to believe.
  • Because sin glorifies God only in His judgment of it and His turning of it to good use, never because it is worth anything on it’s own.
  • Because I promised God he would be Lord of my life.
Taken from the www.therebelution.com

2 comments:

steveandjanna said...

There's only one reason not to sin, because God told us not to. Do we really need more reasons?

Terreth said...

In a sense we do not "need" more reasons because any reasons you can think of not to sin are ultimately based on "because God says so."
However people often find it a helpful motivator to see consequences and it can help them discipline themselves.