Friday, May 11, 2007

The following is my week in pictures. Enjoy!

5.4.07 - Here is the view out the back porch of our house in the morning - I love it in the spring when this tree is in bloom! By now, the pink blossoms are already replaced with vivid green leaves.There is a curious squirrel on the back porch. He was too cute for me to resist snapping a picture.It was also my last day of student teachers. We had a good day and I took pictures with some of my students. Here's one class - we are outside because right when we were taking the picture there was a fire drill!The other teachers I eat with at lunch threw a good-bye party for me. They even had sandwiches catered in! It was very thoughtful.5.7.07 The first thing I managed to do was bang my toe against the wall on Monday morning. It has been seriously bruised and I had to stay off of it most of this week. It is now okay to walk on, but it still looks funny!I had a ton of grading to do after I finished my student teaching - I had let it pile up a little so I paid for it with hours of work. I had three assignments and a test to grade for my 96 students. Unfortunately, I am a meticulous grader....My dear sister Joanna, however, knew how to cheer me up. Having finished her college semester, she was home and spent some time making a lovely and scrumptious lunch for us.I did dishes too. My sister Esther wanted to take a picture of me doing the dishes....5.11.07 Today was graduation day. Here I am by the landmark Arch at the Ramapo College of NJ.Dad and Mom both came, which was really nice. It was a long event, and we all got quite sunburnt.
Several of my siblings (L-R Peter, me, Joanna, Lydia) and Grandpa came too!
Even my good friend Jill managed to come! And then tonight, I sang with the Cheneniah Choir in their spring performance. I also played the flute with a little arrangement of Psalm 42 with my brothers Dan and Pete on piano and clarinet respectively, with our good friend Jeff on trumpet.That's about it. I'm exhausted, but it's been a good week. Hopefully, now that school's done I'll be posting more. Thanks to all of you who have been praying for me and Terry. It has been such a blessing. God be with you all!

6 comments:

Terreth said...

Marvelous post my love. I wanted to be at your graduation very baddly, but seeing some pics helps.

I miss you.

Mrs. P said...

Congratulations Martha!!!

Two more months! WAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Unknown said...

aggh I see scantrons in the one picture! Evil!! Haha. Ok so I had a question to ask you... but I forget what it was! I got distracted by the scantrons. OH YEAH! Did you ever tell your students how old you are?

Unknown said...

Dear Terry & Martha,

I often thought of you, Terry, while at Martha's graduation. For Mom & I it's been the seasons of "lasts" - Martha's graduation, her last birthday at home, etc. Yet despite these "lots of lasts" we look forward to, God willing, "lots of firsts" for the two of you as a new family. God's richest blessings!

Dad & Mom Lipsy

Robert-Sandra said...

Dear Terry & Martha,

Martha, our best wishes and congratulations on having completed your education and reaching the 'graduation' milestone! Wow...it's amazing how you've been given the strength and ability to complete this so quickly and efficiently.

Terry, it must've been tough to miss that great event for Martha.

Now the two of you can look forward to another great milestone in your lives...your wedding!! (How many more sleeps till the big day? - not that you're counting or anything!!!)

We think of you often and you are in our prayers. May God continue to guide, protect, and bless you.

Love & prayers from Robert & Sandra, Jeremy, Matt, & Katie

Martha said...

Dear Marion,
Thanks - I can't believe how quickly the big day is approaching but it's definitely cause for joy!

Dear Becky,
I did tell them - the last day. They were all quite surprised! Among the things they thought of in the moment of revelation were "Wow, you can't even drink yet!" "You're getting married young!" and "You're only a few years older than us!" Yeah. :)

Dear Robert, Sandra, Jeremy, Matt and Katie,
Thanks very much for your prayers and well wishes! It really is amazing how God has provided for me to finish my education so quickly. It certainly wasn't easy but He has been faithful in giving strength and grace for each day. I hope you are all well over in beautiful BC.

60 sleeps!