Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Office


Dear friends and family,

The following pictures are of my garage and office. The pictures are arranged in a before and answer sequence and they are ordered as if you walked in the back door of the garage from the barbecue (patio) in the back of our home. I neglected to take pictures of what the garage looked like before anything was done to it at all.

The garage originally was a two stall garage. The first thing that was done was the dividing of the two stalls and then putting in the bath room ("Toilet," as we say here in Oz) in the stall that will become my office.


This is the stall of the garage that will hold the car. The second stall, the office, is on the other side of the left wall. The far right wall (which is not pictured is all red brick).

Snazzy, eh? (for all the Canadians)


To get to the toilet you turn left from the back door of the garage.

After you turn left you can walk straight through the door in from of you and go into the toilet, or you can right and go through the door into my office.


The door is in the extreme left of this picture.
I also have a great window, which I hope to put my desk under.


The book shelves are absolutely marvelous.
I can actually have almost all my books with me in the same room!

You can see the garage door (the "Roller Door" as it is called here) through the sliding glass doors. Having both doors gives me the luxury of more or less light, privacy, fresh air, and double security. Plus if someone accidentally pulls too far into my drive way they bang my roller door and not my glass door.




Here is a very rough sketch of the layout of the office and the garage.
The back entrance to the garage, which I forgot to label, would be at the extreme left of the
page, in front of the car.
When I reflect on all the hard work many different people in my congregation have done I am humbled, encourage, and amazed at the faithfulness of the Lord their love and commitment to their Pastor.
Thank you all very much!






1 comment:

Martha said...

Wow! This is beautiful! I don't have a very fertile visual imagination, so having heard about it did not quite make me "see" this. Thanks to all who have contributed.